Hey Hey! It’s Spring time! Time to enjoy the outdoors and that means taking the kids out for a picnic every once in a while, right? We love a good afternoon picnic but know that it’s important to pack the right things when heading out with the kids so I thought I’d share my list of must haves for a fun picnic with the kiddos!
Picnic With the Kids
1. Take a cozy blanket. Thick enough to sit on for a while in comfort, but not so thick that you have a hard time folding it up and tossing in your bag.
2. Wet-Nap Hand Wipes! In a public place like the beach or park, you may want to stay away from the not-so-clean restrooms, besides who can get the kids to slow down long enough to go wash their hands? Wet-Nap is perfect to toss in your bag and use on the go. I get mine at Walmart for less than $2 a pack. Trust me, don’t leave home without them!
3. Portable and bite sized foods. It’s been my experience that kids won’t want to take a break from playing for a full meal so I pack snacks like cut up fruit, diced cheese, muffins, or cookies, anything that can be eaten on the run, literally!
For our picnic I made a batch of Banana Peanut Butter and Nutella Muffins, healthy and filling! Check out the recipe and whip up a dozen or two for your next picnic:
Banana Peanut Better and Nutella Muffins
- 1 3/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 cups Sugar
- 1/4 cup Unsalted Butter ((1/2 stick))
- 3/4 cups Peanut Butter ((smooth or chunky))
- 2 Eggs
- 4 Ripe Bananas ((the more ripe the better!))
- 5 tablespoons Nutella ((soften it up in the microwave for about 20 seconds))
|Preheat oven to 350°. Mix all dry ingredients and set them aside. In a separate bowl mix all of the wet ingredients. Combine both in a bowl and pour the mixture into cupcake liners; about 1/3 full. Warm up the Nutella in a small bowl and mix it up with a fork. Drizzle about a tsp over each muffin. Bake for about 25 minutes. Eat nice and warm!|
4. Toys! Take easy to carry toys such as a ball and glove, bubbles, chalk, a frisbee. All of these can be thrown in your picnic bag. If your child is old enough take a scooter or bike, and have them ride it from the car to the picnic area. Always with a helmet on, and with Mom or Dad’s guidance!
5. Have a small First Aid Kit! It’s happened to me time and time again where my son falls and skins his knee and Mom doesn’t even have a band-aid handy. Of course the times I have had my First-Aid kit, he doesn’t end up needing it. Ironic, but I’ll take it!
Wet-Nap Contest & A Coupon!
Wet-Nap is currently running the ‘Most Original Mess’ Contest. You can upload a photo entry of your messy kids and share the link across social media. The photo with the most votes will win a $1,000 giftcard to Walmart and a year’s supply of Wet-Nap products.
Voting will close on June 16, check it out and enter here!
Save 55¢ on your next purchase of Wet-Nap products with this coupon!
Overall, have fun! Get out there and run around with your kiddies, enjoy them! They grow up so fast!
What other picnic tips would you suggest?