Hard to believe that Thanksgiving is almost here! I usually have a packed house for the holiday, so you better believe that I start to plan way ahead of time.
I don’t make too many turkeys aside from Thanksgiving, so I like to make a ‘practice’ dinner, a few weeks before to make sure that everything will taste great, and that I have all of the ingredients I need for the big day. If my plans include a new dish, or something prepared differently, now is the time to try it out!
This year I decided to try to keep the meal as healthy as possible, but certainly keep the taste and traditional Thanksgiving flavors we all love.
Today I made a turkey breast and mashed potatoes. Instead of using traditional butter, I chose to use Country Crock Spread as a tasty substitute because it has a creamy and fresh-from-the-farm taste, and with less fat, cholesterol, and calories than butter, it’ll help keep this holiday healthy!
Not only are these recipes healthy, but as with everything else you will find on this blog, they are easy to prepare!
Turkey Breast Recipe:
Easy Onion Mashed Potatoes
- Peel the potatoes (optional-I usually don’t), and quarter them.
- Boil-until they are soft.
- Drain them in a colander until all of the water is extracted.
- Transfer them to a big bowl and mash them with a potato masher.
- Add the milk and the Country Crock,, blend well with a fork.
- Add the onion soup mix, and salt and pepper.
- Continue to blend well until you have a smooth and creamy consistency.
Thank you to Good to Know & Unilever Spreads for being a sponsor. I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective. All opinions expressed here are my own.